Welcome to French at Heart, a photography blog with few words, but many pictures of a country I love, France. All of the photographs were taken by my husband, Dean Polis, and myself, Dawne, and edited in Adobe Photoshop. If you like what you see, I would be honored if you'd leave a comment. And if you would like to learn our Digital Photography secrets, and make photographs like these yourself, [ oh, yes, you can do it!] we would be happy to lead you on an image making adventure to France with us. You may contact us here or at my email iluvfrance@wildblue.net
Our work is available for purchase and licensed by McGawGraphics.com

Friday, August 31, 2012

Back From France!





w h e a t  f i e l d s  i n  N o r m a n d y

It's been a long time since I've blogged, and to those who've come by and not found me, I do apologize.  I hit the ground running as soon as we arrived home, and I've barely had time to look at our photos, let alone edit them. But I will share a few, because I know you all love France, like I do!



We landed in Paris early in the a.m. This was my first shot, from the rooftop of Galeries Layfayette






This year I made a point of finding this rue first.  Great street art in Paris, Could be by

Jeff Aerosol, but more likely by Nemo of

 Belleville. Rue du Chat-qui-Pêche is 


considered the narrowest street in Paris. It


is only 1.80 m wide for the whole of its 29m 

length.











I had to make a beeline to my favorite place,

L'Ile St. Louis.

Don't you just love the idea of a little

 island right in the middle of the Seine? 








And wouldn't you love to buy your fruit here?







Then it was off to the 6ème


and the famous place de St.-Germaine-des-Près
[where supposedly Jean Paul Sartre drafted the philosophy of existentialism]

And just a few doors away




e

The most adorable Art Nouveau resto, and I hope to eat there on my next trip.  But for now, a photo will have to suffice. Have any of you eaten there?



More soon...









10 comments:

  1. I went to Galleries Layfayette when I was in Paris~~I think I bought a bottle of Claude Montana cologne there. I was into fashion then. Not anymore :~)

    But I didn't even know about any of these other places! For now I must rely on you to give me my Paris fix :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dawne

    A big warm return welcome. I have missed you and was thinking of you this evening and so delighted to see your post.

    The images are, as I expected, fabulous and I love your descriptions. Looking forward to seeing more in your future posts.

    Have a glorious weekend and rest.

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Dawne and I too have been thinking of you while you have been away.
    Loved seeing your photographs, so beautiful, each one is wonderful and I would so love to be strolling around there right now, seeing all the beauty.

    Have a great weekend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to see you back Dawne, I wondered where in the world you were, but I had a sneaky idea it might be France! Wonderful images from you as usual, and that little Seine island is a must for my next Paris visit!
    Much love
    Di
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have missed you greatly. You know I love every photo here, especially the one of the dried out heart-shaped vine over the window....just chillingly beautiful. So glad to have you back, Dawne! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home, chere Dawne!
    How did I miss your posts?
    GORGEOUS photos....I agree with dear Anita, there is something so haunting about the vine...
    it's all so beautiful!!!!!
    St. Louis is magical, I agree!! This is where I want my dream Parisian apartment!
    So glad you are back....
    Bises,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! Your photography is amazing . . . every shot should be framed and mounted. Bella.
    Your new found fan and newest follower, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos!!

    Sad to see what's become of the street art on the wall of Rue du Chat qui Peche.

    This is what the wall was like when I was there in July 2011.
    http://www.jadewebdesignart.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/jyumbrellaman.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chen Shu grabbed his arm angrily cheap ray ban sunglasses sale not help, I'm here, give me a face, following a provincial leader, cheap ray bans australia Saw a man snorted ray ban wayfarers sunglasses cheap and said Chen Shu, so I packed up these bastards say. cheap ray bans australia Having also hands-on, you've come to know who it is. Who is it. I cheap ray bans australia cheap ray ban aviators sunglasses care who he is, but my grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Louboutin Pas Cher Vente Despicable Louboutin Pas Cher penser à la façon de parent sur les lèvres, pour voir l'avant Louboutin Pas Cher de la foule, tirant pas cher se dirigea vers la foule. Dans la foule, quelques Louboutin soldes en ligne personnes sont des gangs se bat un homme, Je l'ai emprunté l'argent ose pas revenir, avez-vous http://www.escarpinslouboutinpaschers.fr emprunté de l'argent quand il Louboutin Pas Cher ne pense pas que ce sera la fin. pas cher deux stare, comment alors oui, à l'endroit où il peut rencontrer.

    ReplyDelete